Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday Season and New Layouts

WOW!  This holiday season is turning out to be CRAZY!  The month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is always a whirl, but this year is a whole new level of wild.  I once thought that those four small children that sometimes felt like 20 small children, would be less demanding when they were older.  You know what I mean, I was looking forward to the day when I could  tell one to wait just a moment while I handled one emergency at a time...and it might actually WORK?

Well, here we are at 18, 17, 14, and 13.  I love them more than I ever thought I could.  So much, sometimes I can't even contain it.  But they are certainly not any less time consuming or emotionally exhausting than those little demons screaming through my house!  And, NO, I wouldn't give them up for anything.  One of my grandfathers used to say of his five children that he wouldn't give you a nickel for another one and he wouldn't take a million dollars for one he already had.  I think that about sums it up!

So, here are the latest layouts.  I've been saving them up so I have a few.   I've been all over the board with the subject matter, so if ya don't like one try another!  I'm trying to clean up some leftovers that I just haven't gotten around to scrapping.

First up is one from our Wisconsin trip this year.  It's a remake of one I lost in the great HD crash.  I actually like this better than the original.  You know how something somebody says makes you giggle and then everyone just keeps saying it and cracking up?  Those are giggles and these are ours from the trip.  Every year we pick a theme song for the trip.  This year it was Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA. Give me a break, ok?  Too many teenage girls to fight that one!

Kit is from my Fish kit from the November DSO Color Challenge (see Nov. Link to DL)

Here's Miss McKenzie getting her braces in August.  She's gonna love those shots!
Kit is Grin and Bare It from Designing Divas over at Stuff to Scrap.

Then Halloween school party pictures, also of McKenzie.
Kit is 2010 October Build A Kit from DigiScrapbook Mania (not available anymore).

Next are a couple from last Christmas.  I did lose the original layouts for these pics, but I didn't remake them.  I just did a completely new layout, because I wasn't entirely happy with the last ones.  I think I posted them previously if you are so dedicated you want to look at them. :)

Also, my cutie pooh poochie, Swiffer.  What you can't see is that he's at the foot of our dining table that seats twelve and it's the only open chair!  He was quite indignant when he got booted, too.

Both done with ScrapManiacs White Christmas at DSM  and Freesia Scraps Rustic Christmas.  If you're interested, that big red bow is from Quand l'Hiver Arriver from LAU Designs here, it was a freebie and I don't think they're offering it anymore.

Whew! Finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment