Monday, July 5, 2010

Water Parks and Mountain Lions

We enjoyed the day at the water park so much last week, we decided to go again today.  The girls brought a friend and we had a lot of fun. Then we stuffed ourselves with WAY too much ice cream and could barely stay awake for the drive home!  And to kick it off, when I got home, Child number one had washed my van and cleaned its carpets (and, yes, I mean CLEANED the carpets. Like, with soap and water.) Wow. All in all it was an awesome day!

The layout I did today is of my Shih-tzu Swiffer. He's a real cutie and most of the time I just want to squeeze his stuffings out. For little dogs, Shih-tzu have HUGE personalities. He is demanding and spoiled and adores me. Which is pretty much perfect,as far as I'm concerned!

Last week, I was walking him outside my sister-in-law's house and we were minding our own business on the sidewalk when all of a sudden this monster ball of fluff comes spitting and growling off someone's porch and jumps on poor Swiff. I swear I thought it was a mountain lion! (Well, not really, but I was pretty startled.) Swiffer, of course, started screaming like a little girl and ran AWAY from me. I grabbed hold of the retractable leash to try and stop him so I could pick him up and ZIP, the line ran through my fingers and made a nice deep track of burned flesh across the insides of the fleshy part of all my fingers.

About this time, Swiffer apparently had run out from in front of the cat's yard and the cat started to come back. So what does my genius pooch do? He stops, turns around and tries to sniff the cats posterior as it saunters away. That cat flipped around and jumped on him again! By then I was caught up to them and grabbed him up in my arms...at which point the cat started to circle around, staring at Swiffer the whole time! He ran at me and I booted that evil sucker right up in his yard! The whole thing took about 30 seconds.

Okay, I have a cat at home, too. She's 13 and I love her. AND I certainly tried not to do any real damage to that demon. I just wanted to encourage him to cease disturbing my peace! Needless to say, we walked the other way every time after that.  I checked Swiff over and not a scratch, which I found really hard to believe since that cat was riding on him.  I still can hardly close my fingers a week later. I probably should have gotten stitches, but at the time, I didn't think they were that bad since it didn't bleed at all. I think heat from the zipping line must have cauterized it or something.  My life is crazy!

And here's my boy:


Kit is Boyz Rulez from Charlies Digiscraps and the template is from Modern June.

No comments:

Post a Comment